Thursday, March 30, 2006

Spring is in the air and dog crap is thawing

So, just back from a run to the Big D.... Drove down to Big Rapids and spent the night with Leona, then to Detroit. Loaded up boxes and packed the car. Breakfast with Elise on Wednesday morning. That was fun. We haven't seen each other since Beth's wedding. Midmorning I headed back north into the last vestiges of winter. As of now the official snow fall for Houghton County is at 295 inchs.

Here are a couple of poems from the Vertin Studio.

VICTORY

blood of the humiliated
dries on the bullet pocked wall

scent of gunpowder and spices
linger in the shattered room

in the hazy free sky
the last dreams vanish


6 O'CLOCK NEWS

the universe is drunk
and I stagger with it


ALONE AGAIN

in my dream
you cry out
"Plunder Me!"
and I would
oh, I would

*
even the sight
of these humpt hills
make me horny

*

I do not like
the rising sun

in its glare
the dream of you
fades

*

in the cafe
the waitress's hands
are your hands
and I almost
grab them

*

in this world
I want my begging bowl
to be filled
with you

Enough. It was good to see Leona again. Tomorrow Zach and I will meet her in Escanaba and she will take him over to The Cities to visit Beth and Dave and Kristyn. I will come back to Calumet to clean the house. She and Zach will come back here on Monday. So we will be together for the week. YES!

4 Comments:

Blogger Pris said...

The Alone Again especially sings!

4:35 PM  
Blogger Tasha Klein said...

update your site, damnit!


:)

11:22 PM  
Blogger pj said...

i'm with tashee, more poems please. this one struck me especially:

in the cafe
the waitress's hands
are your hands
and I almost
grab them

such a short poem to tug so

pj

7:08 PM  
Blogger tom said...

Thanks for the encouragement - hope to be more regular

(fiber?)

5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home