Friday, March 10, 2006

Been awhile.

Lest you think I am suffering from a WB here are some more
poems. I think in February I probably wrote over a hundred.
But, now I have to edit, re-write, and toss them. I have two poems that have just gone up on Tamphyr Mountain Poetry. www.tmpoetry.com If you would like to check them out. Ken Gurney has done a good job with keeping TMP as an ongoing publication.

Thinking of spring, here is a tanka.

the lure arcs out
across the still water
a dragonfly
hovers a moment
above the ripples



hiking
i walk into my own
silence


From Banks and Open Fields

snow blows across the highway
nearly whiting out the future

the snowbanks are high, tall
barriers that can't hold winter back

still, the sky is blue, split by
the white trail of a jet

We have not had a major storm this winter, yet, over 250 inchs of snow has fallen. So, I write a lot of winter poems. Many of February's poems were written at my studio in the Vertin Building. www.vertingallery.com I am not making any money, but I am writing.

trout and potatoes
sizzle in the cast iron pan
overhead,
a thousand stars

Probably enough for tonight. I will try to post more often.





2 Comments:

Blogger Pris said...

Tom
Very well written. I like these. And yes, I've missed your posts. Glad I checked today.

4:05 AM  
Blogger Pris said...

Tom,
Just to let you know I was here to see if you'd written more. Your audience awaits:-)

3:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home