Friday, December 02, 2005

Friday, snowing

Payday! the weekend! snow!

Tomorrow we are having a breakfast for the Sever family. Keith is a student at Horizon and they had an attic fire a few weeks ago. Today a group of the students worked all day at the house. The JROTC is putting on the breakfast. I can only be there for a couple of hours.
Saturday is also Celebrating the Arts in Calumet and I will have to spend much of the day up in the studio at the Vertin building. I've got the laptop there so I will probably do some writing and maybe some backgrounds for calligraphic paintings.

some poems:

winter morning
old men, hot coffee
talk of snow, hunting


drumming
in the circle
there is no I


i was in that other world
until i saw you
and was brought
into yours


so cold
the sky is drained
of birds


the moon rises
out of the canadian hills
stretchs its white arms
across the bay
to me
here in america

what are borders
to the moon

(Bay Mills, Michigan)


the gulls circle and swoop
white hesitations in the
gray sky


in the waiting room
approaching life
approaching death


Sham is curled up in the chair. Lucy is laying behind the coach. CBC's Just for Laughs is on TV.
I am getting tired. Have to get up early for the breakfast. Take care.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pris said...

I like this very much!

3:34 PM  
Blogger tom said...

thank you

we finally saw the sun today

about two feet of snow in the backyard - this is like the end of january- someone told me today we have had a 100 inchs already - i could believe 50 not sure about a 100

bright sunlight
falling snow
the rusty door
frozen

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home