Sunday, June 15, 2008

back to work at the park

So, it is trying to be spring and I am back to work at the park in Copper Harbor.
Still trying to adjust to working late and sleeping in. Something my body doesn't
like to do. It still thinks I should get up at 5:30 am.

What has it been like at the park? Slow.

high gas prices
more hummingbirds
than campers


not even enough campers to make it worthwhile for the bears to visit.

On the publication front: The Rose and Thorn is in the June online issue of Underground Voices
along with Listening to Sun Ra. Another poem appears online at Origami Condom. and a few tanka were kindly published in the spring issue of Modern English Tanka.

This summer I will be kick-starting a couple of new magazines. Her Red Dress which will either be printed through Lulu or Amazon's Create Space sites. And a little cut-and -paste 3 page newsletterish zine titled Whiskey Breath - poems from the barroom floor. But, first I have to get chapbooks by Ken Pobo and Mark Hartenbach printed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Calder said...

Hi Tom

Hope all is well for you up there in the north country. I was surprsed, happily to see you next door to me in the July MiPO, I was on page 39/40. Been a while since I have seen you since I haven't been a member at Multi Lakes in years, but I remembered you when I saw you in MiPO. Congrats on that publication friend.

See you around here and there!

Bobby

6:42 PM  
Blogger Pris said...

Hi Tom
Gas has really cut down on people going about. I like the haiku about it. I didn't realize you had your fingers in so many publishing ventures. I never did find out if that last mini-print you gathered poems for about a year ago got into print/was distributed. I'm glad you're doing more!

3:52 AM  
Blogger Bruce Hodder said...

I know I'm sort of a poet, but Tom, you work in a park? Now that's something I'd like to do...

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home